A voice trainer and performer of Indian and Western Classical Operatic music, Abinav Sridharan possesses a keen interest to share the knowledge and expertise he has gained over the years. Being an ethnomusicologist researcher alongside an avid performer, he collaborates with artistes from various cultural backgrounds to explore and create new forms of art. He is also the founder of Opera India, a pioneering venture that aims to propagate Classical music by musically and lyrically juxtaposing Opera and Indian Classical music forms to create an engaging and stimulating performance to audience from all around the world.
Performer | Indian Music
- Lead Singer of A.R. Rahman’s KM Sufi Ensemble, performing for various TV shows and music festivals, notably, the Oprah Winfrey Show and Dubai Global Sufi Festival.
- Bass-Baritone performer with A.R. Rahman’s vocal jazz band NAFS
Performer | Western Classical Music
- Performer at Neemrana Foundation’s production of the opera ‘Si, J’etais Roi’ by Adolphe Adam
- Toured India and Germany with the KM Chamber Choir as Bass/Baritone
- Given performances under Opera India for French and German Embassies and the British Council in India and the United Kingdom.
- Performed for various charities, notably, WaterAid Foundation (London) and Kathmandu Earthquake Relief
- Singles featured in BBC Asian Network as pioneering and innovative music
- Baritone at The Bangalore Men vocal group
• Organized and conducted music workshops in the United Kingdom and India
o Music Performance Workshop in Nottingham for school children for the Magdala Opera Company, UK
o Mentor for music at the Berserk Conference in Bengaluru,India